Summer Essentials!

Friday, December 05, 2014

Hi Guys!

So as summer has just begun in Australia, I thought I would do a post on my essentials. I love summer and have essentials from make-up to clothes.

My first essential is without a doubt the Garnier BB Cream ( Miracle Skin Perfecter) Oily to Combination skin. I have tried both Garnier BB Cream and this one definitely is better than the dry skin one. The oily/ combination has much better coverage. This BB cream is fantastic for summer as it is lightweight and is very easy to apply. I use this everyday and it complements my skin very well. As someone who hates having a heavy make-up look this product is great for me. This product regularly goes on sale for at least $7 throughout the year at any stockists (Coles, Woolworths, Kmart, Priceline etc.). On boxing day last year Priceline had 40% of skincare, this is where I purchased my first.

Garnier BB Cream - Miracle Skin Finish - Oily/ Combination

Secondly, is the M.A.C Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle. This product gives a lovely glow to high points of your face and works best when going out at night. I feel it adds a nice touch and is not too obvious. However, you can build it up for a more dramatic look too.

M.A.C Mineralize Skin Finish - Soft & Gentle 
My next essential's are two lip products. The Revlon Lip Butters in Juicy Papaya (shown left) and Wild Watermelon (shown right). I believe Revlon released these two colours along with two others as part of a summer collection. I knew I wanted to try these two when the Americans first started to haul and review them. Juicy Papaya is a great coral colour which isn't two overpowering, if you are just starting out in make-up and you like coral, but don't want a bold lip colour, I would strongly suggest purchasing this product. Wild Watermelon is a great peachy/ red colour and compliments anything that is a similar colour. It is not too bold  but is still effective in finishing off your make-up look. I own a few Revlon Lip Butters and all of them are very moisturising and comfortable to wear. If you want to try these colours, Malouf Pharmacy are having 50% of all Revlon until December 24th. So if you don't want to pay  the Australian price of $22, keep an eye out.


Revlon Lip Butters - Juicy Papaya (L) and
Wild Watermelon (R)

My last essential is the Dandelion Blush from Benefit. This blush is great for summer as it is a light pink that isn't too overpowering, yet can still be built up. This blush is good to wear day or night. If you want to give this blush a go, I got my sample size in a set for $20 at Myer for Boxing Day last year.

Benefit Box o Powder Blush -
Dandelion
Thank you for reading this post, I hope you got some ideas for some new make up purchases! Sorry my second post took a while, I was quite busy and just didn't get time! But, thank you for your comments my last blog! If you have any suggestions or questions I would love to hear them. Please follow if you want to see more.

Have a lovely day,
Olivia

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram