TUTORIAL: Everyday Brightening Makeup Look feat. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit

Monday, January 04, 2016

Hey Guys!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everyone had a happy holidays and welcomed in the new year with a bang! Today I will showing you the makeup look I have been going for recently which mentions the current shades i'm loving in the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit. I got this palette for christmas and haven't gone into too much depth of discovering how the shades work on my skin tone. So, for now I will show how I have been using two shades too achieve a simple everyday airbrushed look.

To start I primed my face using Benefit's 'Porefessional', providing a smooth and matte base for my foundation. For foundation I used 'all about matt' by Essence. This provided medium coverage covering pigmentation and sun spots.






















For powder I used 'dim light' (top row, left) from Hourglasses Ambient Lighting Edit. To apply the powder i used a powder brush and lightly swept it on my face. This powder is a good match to my skin colour and provides a luminous, airbrushed look to my skin. Hourglass claims this power is a neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights the complexion and I couldn't agree more. This shade could be called a power and highlighter in one! 

Next I used blush, there are two blush shades in this palette but for this look I used 'mood exposure' (bottom row, left) which is a gorgeous pinky rose colour. This shade added a nice touch of natural colour to my cheeks. Hourglass says this shade is A soft plum blush fused with Mood Light to brighten the complexion which I also agree with. 




To finish of the look I applied Covergirl 'clump crusher' mascara and Maybelline colour drama velvet lip pencil in 630 'nude perfection'. I absolutely love this colour as it adds a natural yet flattering touch to any look. This look is my everyday look because it doesn't look like I am wearing much makeup but still provides a subtle brightening look.


Before and After 
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did remember to follow me via bloglovin and @oliviasbeautyblog on instagram! If you want any posts comment down below! Until then thanks for reading and have a fabulous day :)

Olivia x





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram