PRODUCTS I REGRET BUYING

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Hello Everyone!

Hope we are all getting excited for the holiday season!



Today will be a post on products I regret buying, because let’s face it, we have all bought products we now never use or regret purchasing. Some of the products I regret buying are a mixture of impulse and seeing the product all over social media.

Australis Those Smokin’ Eyes Palette

I have nothing against Australis or this palette, as some people may know I even did a tutorial using this palette. However, for me personally, the typical grey/ purple smokey eye isn’t for me. By saying that, I sometimes use the shades individually for an eye look but aside from that I barely reach for it.



Australis Banana Powder

Again, I have nothing against Australis but this product just didn’t work for me. I picked it up at one of Priceline’s 40% of sale and thought I would give it a go after seeing a few people using it on Instagram. I did enjoy using this product when I first applied my makeup, but found it creased under my eyes later in the day. After a while I stopped adding this step into my makeup routine and barely touch it, but hopefully I will start reaching for it more often.



Stila Eyes are in the Window “Body” Palette

So this range has four different palettes, all of which I started seeing on YouTube and Instagram. When I bought this, I wanted to start experimenting with different colours and thought the variety of colours in this palette was great. However, when I received the palette I was disappointed to find the pigmentation was quite poor. Not even my M.A.C fix plus can enhance it. Luckily though I bought this for a cheaper price than what you would find in Mecca or Sephora but it is still a regretful purchase.



Sportsgirl Give Some Lip “Hot to Trot”

Another impulse buy. I think I bought this when I just started getting into makeup, so anything at a reasonable price seemed great to me and I picked this up. My only problem with it is the colour and the fact it’s a lip gloss. Nothing wrong the product itself just a purchase I didn’t think about.



Maybelline Color Sensational “Coral Fever”

I love the consistency and pigmentation of this product but the colour is something I just don’t reach for. I again bought this on impulse around a time I wanted to experiment with more colours and it was on sale. Unfortunately, it is one of those lip products that just sits in my draw.



Essence 50’s Girls Reloaded Eye shadow “You’re a Heartbreaker”

So as some of you will know, I absolutely love essence cosmetics. They’re high quality but inexpensive products are a great addition to anyone’s makeup collection. This eye shadow was exactly that, so so creamy and excellent pigmentation. However, this was another impulse purchase and I never use it because I don’t use the colours. I do really want to find a use for it though because the quality is so high!


 So I don’t know about you, but this post has taught me to think through every makeup purchase and ask myself, “will I use these colours?” and “is it really worth it”. Hopefully it will save me money on future shopping trips!

I hope you all enjoyed this post!

Keep updated with daily MOTD, mini hauls and more on my Instagram @Oliviasbeautyblog

Until next time have a loving day, thanks for reading.



Olivia x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram